With time, the demand for HPMC Capsules for oral consumption has increased to a great extent due to its widespread use without any fillers. When compared to gelatin capsules, people have now started using HPMC capsules because of their plant-based origin.
HPMC capsule or hydroxypropyl methylcellulose capsule is not only non-GMO in nature but also free from starch, allergens, preservatives as well as gluten completely.
This capsule is safe for human consumption and also perfect for people who are looking for a gelatin capsule alternative as it is made using vegetable extracts.
What is HPMC capsule?
HPMC capsule contains hydroxypropyl methylcellulose as its main ingredient for both the capsule body as well as the cap.
Although several materials have been tested as an alternative for gelatin capsule but HPMC capsule has only become a successful substitute which is often used for supplements across the world.
The main role of the HPMC capsule is to safeguard its contents from degradation or product changes. In other words, it can be said that it protects its content from moisture exposure and temperature variations.
What are the top reasons to use HPMC capsules?
There are several reasons by people prefer using HPMC capsule and some of them are stated below:
· It is quite easy to swallow the HPMC capsule because it perfectly masks the bad smell taste, as well as the smell of the active ingredients, present inside the capsule.
· The best substitute for people who strictly follow a religious diet.
· It is available in the market in different colors, sizes, shapes as well as patterns that help in matching the varied requirements of medical.
· HPMC capsule is an organic as well as a natural alternative for delivering the medication into the body.
· It can be stored for a long time without the terror of bacterial development on the capsule.
· This capsule is known to have a substantial amount of moisture content that helps in maintaining the integrity of the active capsule ingredients present inside.
· As the HPMC capsule has a polymer that is completely free from amino acids due to which no cross-linking problems are exhibited.
· It comes with a flexible film of diverse dimensions that ensures quick dissolution in different kinds of solutions at varying temperatures.
Use of HPMC capsules in the pharmaceutical industry
In the pharmaceutical industry, the HPMC capsule is used for numerous purposes:
· With the help of an HPMC capsule, it is quite easy to deliver medicines that have an unpleasant taste as well as smell.
This is possible because HPMC is known to have its own aroma that helps in masking the unpleasant taste & smell of ingredients present inside it.
· Being the best alternative to gelatin, it helps the pharmaceutical industry an opportunity to perfectly serve the needs of vegans.
· For better solubility, HPMC can be used as a visualizing agent, binder, bio-adhesive as well as coating polymer.
· The delay properties of the HMPC capsule helps in the administration of target drugs. It is important to know that the HPMC capsule will disintegrate only when it reaches the target.