- Hard-gelatin capsules - The gelatin which is used in making such capsules generally obtained from several collagenous materials. Gelatin is basically safe, non-allergic, clean ingredients which will definitely not harm anyone. The two-piece capsule is available in various sizes starting from largest to the smallest and its ranges from 000, 000el, to 5 to be specific.
- HPMC Capsules – These capsules actually stay stable at lower humidity levels, even consists of low moisture also. The charge of these capsules is also static. These capsules can lead up to size 4. These capsules considered suitable for reactive molecules. If we compare the capsules with hard gelatin, then you can find that HPMC is more apt for moisture related products. Also, the origin of the capsule is not from any animal base so you won’t have a chance to get contamination from such capsules. You will find these capsules in various OSD pharmacies, dietary supplements, any kind of herbal products as it consists of vegan materials.
- Fish gelatin capsules - Marinecaps are generally made from fish gelatin so it won’t let you a risk of TSE. It's preferred that the capsules must be filled with marine complements like fish oil.
- Starch capsules - These capsules are made generally from the starch of potatoes. They are appropriate for any kind of enteric coating and its pH level is also completely independent. Generally, the moisture contains ranges between 12-13% or sometimes more.
- Pullulan capsules - These capsules are also vegan capsules made with the material of tapioca and it’s a good barrier to oxygen.
- PVA capsules or Polyvinyl capsules- This capsule can be used for pouring insoluble drugs and cannot be mixed with hard capsules.
Sunloc, a leading brand of Empty Hard Gelatin Capsules, comes from Sunil Healthcare Ltd. Having started its operations over four decades ago, is the second largest manufacturer of EHG Capsules in India and enjoys immense credibility in various global markets.